1. I'm in college now. It'll take anywhere from 2days to a week for me to accept or decline your work. Please be patient!!
2. If your art style is so unique that I've never seen anything like it, I will prompt you to tell me about it before I make my decision. It's only fair that I take steps to understand it before I accept or decline it!
3. If I decline your work and you have an issue about it, talk to me! Tell me why you think your work is extraordinary.
4. Please only submit the best of your work. I really want to showcase the best art that Deviantart has to offer.
5. DON'T BE AFRAID TO SUGGEST DAILY DEVIATIONS! I do suggest DDs. A lot. And most of them aren't accepted, and that's okay! At least you took the steps to help a fellow artist get featured (you can also suggest your own). I suggest so many that I'm sure the people in charge get tired of me. So what? Help other artists please!!! One out of 20+ of my suggestions was actually made into a DD. That's fine Do what you can.
6. Comments, concerns, complaints, or just want to talk? Send me a note!
7. Need any constructive criticism? Send me a note again, or ask a fellow group member I'm sure they wouldn't mind.
8. I'm harsh, and I'm brutally honest. I apologize. That's one of the reasons why I stopped automatically telling people why their submissions were declined. I can't sugarcoat my opinions But if you really want to know why it was declined, just ask! We can have a nice civil discussion. I can tell you what a liked and disliked about it, and why it was declined, and you can tell me more about the piece and try to show me the beauty in it. Odds are that I just didn't look at it in the right light
Some reasons why I decline your work are: It was submitted to the wrong folder, it wasn't high enough quality, or it was good quality but I think you are capable of better work.
I'm against works in progress (WIPs). Just saying. This group is where you showcase your best finished work.